Tonight the Red Wings take on the
Detroit's last trip out to the desert came in April when they swept cry-baby Doan and the self-proclaimed best Russian player in the NHL out of the first round. Doan is still a cry-baby, but the Bryz is off in the land of delicious cheese steaks stinking up the joint.
Puck drops at 9PM on FSD
Click the jump for more
Detroit is on a 4-game win streak and would really love to extend that to 5 tonight. The Coyotes have outscored their opponents 11-2 in their last two games at home, but dropped last nights contest 6-2 against Anaheim.
Howard will get the start tonight in net going head-to-head with Jason LaBarbera, who is 3-7-1 with a 2.82 GAA and .907 SV%.
The Wings lineup per Khan
Howard (starting)Looks like Mursak and Commodore will be swapping spots with Emmerton and Kindl for the time being, or until we see a trade.
Detroit has two things going for them tonight that the Coyotes don't.
1.) They didn't play last night
2.) They are the frickin' Red Wings
Yes the Wings are winning and that's all fine and dandy, but they have been hard fought wins with the exception of Buffalo. They need to continue their strong play and bring it for a full 60 minutes each night. With the way things are going in the Central every points counts.
MOST WINS BY A COACH SINCE 2003-04
1. Mike Babcock, ANA-DET: 403 wins
2. Dave Tippett, DAL-PHX: 385 wins
3. Joel Quennville, STL-COL-CHI: 369 wins
4. Barry Trotz, NSH: 362 wins
5. Lindy Ruff, BUF: 355 wins
DETROIT RED WINGS TEAM NOTES
DET is 62-39-22-3 all-time vs PHX
DET is 27-18-14-2 all-time at PHX
DET leads the NHL in wins (30) and 3-goal-game wins (16)
DET is 68-3-4 the last 75 times they've scored 4+ goals in a game
DETROIT RED WINGS PLAYER NOTES
• N. Lidstrom's next GP will give him sole possession of 11th place in NHL history (tied w/J. Bucyk, 1540)
• N. Lidstrom is skating in his 211th straight reg. season game (longest active streak on DET)
• N. Lidstrom is 2 assists behind P. Esposito for 21st place in NHL history (873)
• N. Lidstrom registered his 1,100th career point (assist) on 3/5/11 at PHX
• J. Howard leads the NHL in victories (27) and is on pace to tie M. Brodeur's NHL record for wins in a season (48)
• J. Howard is 8-2-0 (2.27 GAA, .920 SV%) in 10 starts vs Pacific Division teams this season
• T. Bertuzzi played in the 900th game of his NHL career on 1/2/10 at PHX
• T. Bertuzzi (w/CGY) registered a career-high 4 assists on 2/14/09 at PHX
• H. Zetterberg tied a DET team record for most PPG in one game (3) on 2/17/07 at PHX
• H. Zetterberg recorded his first career hat trick on 2/17/07 at PHX
• D. Cleary (w/CHI) made his NHL debut on 10/1/97 at PHX
• T. Holmstrom tallied a career-high 4 points (1G-3A) on 1/11/07 at PHX
• I. White (w/SJS) skated in his 400th career game on 4/8/11 at PHX
• J. Franzen has recorded 5G-7A-12P in 11 GP vs Pacific Division teams this season
• J. Franzen's next goal will tie him with M. Dionne and M. Bruneteau for 27th place in DET team history (139)
• V. Filppula has registered 3G-8A-11P in 11 GP vs Pacific Division teams this season
• P. Datsyuk recorded a career-high 5 points (1G-4A) on 1/11/07 at PHX
• P. Datsyuk’s next GP will tie him with R. Larson for 15th place in DET team history (708)
• P. Datsyuk has tallied 3G-10A-13P in 11 GP vs Pacific Division teams this season
• P. Datsyuk's next point will tie him with M. Bridgman and R. Martin for 207th pace in NHL history (701)
• P. Datsyuk's next goal will tie him with S. Samsonov for 10th place all-time in NHL history amongst Russian-born players (235)
Am I the only person who's sad about not being able to call them the Phoennipeg Jetotes anymore? I tried to get Atlanpeg Thrashets going, but it really doesn't roll off the tongue very well.
@nickbarnhart yea, Nordiques are Colorado Avalanche now i think. Maybe its intentional to show how little he cares about each team.
All signs point to them relocating. I don't know where, could be Quebec, Hamilton, Vegas, Seattle, Hartford. The NHL isn't going to let this sinking ship run on borrowed money much longer and with no owner in sight the odds we see them moved get stronger by the day. I'm personally hoping that Quebec or Hartford have a team returned to them. @CalumB @Jordan_Reis
@Jordan_Reis Are they definitely relocating or is it just in talks?