Puck drops at 8:30pm on FSD.
Follow the jump for more:
The last game between these two clubs back on January 3rd in Dallas, saw each team trade goals back and forth all night, with Detroit eventually coming out on top 5-4.
Tonight Dallas will be without their leading scorer Jamie Benn, who is out after having his appendix removed. The Stars still have a lot of firepower with Loui Eriksson, Michael Ryder, and Brendan Morrow.
Richard Bachman will get the start in net tonight for the Stars. Bachman is 6-2-0 with a 2.56 GAA and .917 SV%. Ty Conklin will be in net for the Wings. Conklin is 2-5-0 with a 3.28 GAA and .888 SV%.
Bachman is the teams #3 goalie, but has performed well for Dallas while filling in for Andrew Raycroft. The Wings Can't take this game lightly and must put forth a full 60 minutes or they will get burned.
Confidence was briefly restored in Conklin after his 3-2 overtime win vs Chicago on January 8th, but was quickly lost as he was lit up in the Wings 5-1 loss two nights later vs the lowly Islanders. To be fair the entire team played horribly, but Conks wasn't exactly standing on his head either.
Every point counts in both the West and Central. Detroit is sitting in 5th place with 59 points, while St. Louis is in 1st with 60. A win tonight would at least for the time being put Detroit in 1st place in both the West and Central, if the Canucks lose to the Kings.
Here are the current standings going into tonights games
DETROIT RED WINGS TEAM NOTES
DET is 103-96-34-5 all-time vs DAL
DET is 43-55-18-3 all-time at DAL
DET is T-1st in the Western Conference in goals/game (3.20) and 3rd in GA/game (2.29)
DET is 2nd in the Western Conference in both shots/game (33.2) and SA/game (27.4)
DET is 68-3-4 the last 75 times they've scored 4+ goals in a game
DETROIT RED WINGS PLAYER NOTES
• N. Lidstrom's next GP will tie him with J. Bucyk for 11th place in NHL history (1540)
• N. Lidstrom recorded his 700th career point (assist) on 11/12/03 at DAL
• N. Lidstrom is skating in his 210th straight reg. season game (longest active streak on DET)
• N. Lidstrom is 2 assists behind P. Esposito for 21st place in NHL history (873)
• N. Kronwall is 5th in the NHL in blocked shots (105)
• T. Bertuzzi registered his 400th career assist on 10/14/10 at DAL
• I. White leads all Western Conference defensemen/players with a rating of +26
• J. Franzen leads all Western Conference fowards with a rating of +24
• J. Franzen leads the NHL in GWG (8) and is T-3rd in PPG (9)
• J. Franzen has recorded 5G-7A-12P in 10 GP vs Pacific Division opponents this season
• J. Franzen's next goal will tie him with M. Dionne and M. Bruneteau for 27th place in DET team history (139)
• V. Filppula has registered 3G-7A-10P in 10 GP vs Pacific Division opponents this season
• V. Filppula is 2nd in the NHL in scoring amongst Finnish-born players (15G-22A-37P)
• H. Zetterberg is T-23rd in the NHL in SOG (140)
• H. Zetterberg's next point will tie him with C. Provost and D. Marshall for 294th place in NHL history (589)
• P. Datsyuk is 2nd in the NHL in takeaways (63), 3rd in assists (36) and T-4th in points (49)
• P. Datsyuk has tallied 3G-10A-13P in 10 GP vs Pacific Division opponents this season
• P. Datsyuk's next point will tie him with M. Bridgman and R. Martin for 207th pace in NHL history (701)
• P. Datsyuk's next goal will tie him with S. Samsonov for 10th place all-time in NHL history amongst Russian-born players (235)
ALL-TIME RED WINGS HAT TRICKS VS. STARS:
P. Eaves @ DAL, 12/29/10
P. Datsyuk @ DAL, 5/12/08*
D. Ciccarelli @ DAL, 5/11/95*
G. Gallant vs. MIN, 12/18/87
R. Duguay vs. MIN, 3/1/85
F. Mahovlich vs. MIN, 12/31/68
G. Unger vs. MIN, 12/15/68
DETROIT IN BACK-TO-BACK GAMES THIS SEASON:
Record in 1st Game: 7-4-0
Record in 2nd Game: 7-3-0
Lineup for tonight should be the same, with the exception of Mike Commodore possibly taking Jakub Kindl's place if he is cleared to play.
I wish we could've gotten Nabokov. Conks is looking better, like he is taking a page out of Jimmy's book lately, we'll see what he can do. Joe Mac was really awesome last year, and then all of a sudden, not at all awesome. First photo is funny... I say post your best caption!
Caption for first photo: "There, there Z... I can show you the spin-o-rama if you really want to learn it."
"Come here little guy. Embrace the fact that we're better Z, don't feel bad that the other team has mediocre skills, and mediocre fans."
I actually have a good feeling about Conks tonight. He was in a must win position playing in front of Chitcago and after losing to the Islanders as bad as he did, he's in the position where he needs to prove himself again. I am still curious why Joey Mac hasn't gotten a start recently. I'd like to see him in net just to see what he can do.