It's all tied up at 1 with the Wings gaining home ice advantage after Friday's win. Instead of getting cocky like all the Preds "fans", we know that this series is far from over and the work has just begun. Why do we know this? Well, because we actually know what we are talking about and didn't stumble into our arena thinking we were going to a Billy Ray Cyrus concert.
Puck drops at 12:00pm on NBC. Lucky for us we get Dave Strader and Brian Engblom.
Click the jump for more
Detroit is playing with the fire we expect in the playoffs, but I get the feeling that they are just getting warmed up. Franzen is getting angry, and Rinne is starting to show his weaknesses.
Howard on the other hand has been stellar making the save that help ease the stress that usually accompanies playoff hockey.
If the Wings can put the pressure on early and feed off the home crowd I can see this being a game where the Mule takes over. If the Wings can win today then the Predators will be under a ton of pressure that could be their undoing.
How did that #webering thing work out for you? And no this isn't as funny as you would think. Her face actually looks like that.
Of course Z gets the last laugh when he goes home at night (google Emma Andrsson).
Strap it in, cause this is going to be intense.
DETROIT RED WINGS TEAM NOTES
DET is 46-24-4-7 all-time vs NSH in the reg. season
DET is 9-5 all-time vs NSH in the playoffs (2-0 in series, both opening round tilts - '04 and '08)
DET has killed of their last 37 penalties (25 reg. season, 12 playoffs) dating back to 3/26 vs CLB
DET is 4-2 in the last 6 playoff series they've opened with a split of the first two games on the road
DET is 8-2 in the last 10 playoff series they've lost Game 1 and then won Game 2
DET is 6-2 all-time on April 15 in the playoffs, outscoring opponents 28-13 in the 8 games
DET has won the 2nd most playoff series in NHL history (67, MTL - 90)
DET has won 59 straight playoff games in which they've score 4+ goals
DETROIT'S ALL-TIME PLAYOFF RECORDS IN:
Game 1: 63-52-1
Game 2: 69-47
Game 3: 53-54
Game 4: 48-52
Game 5: 38-37
Game 6: 29-23
Game 7: 13-8
DETROIT IN PLAYOFF OVERTIMES:
Overall OT record: 39-52
Home OT record: 20-35
Road OT record: 19-17
DETROIT RED WINGS PLAYER NOTES
• P. Datsyuk's next GP (124) will give him sole possession of 5th place in NHL playoff history amongst Russians (currently tied w/A. Kovalev) and 9th place in DET playoff history (currently tied w/T. Lindsay)
• P. Datsyuk finished T-14th in the NHL in assists (48), 3rd in takeaways (97) and 10th in FO% (56.2) in the 2011-12 regular season
• P. Datsyuk's next goal will tie him with B. Shanahan for 11th place in DET playoff history (33)
• J. Howard finished T-5th in the NHL in wins (35), 6th in GAA (2.13), T-10th in SV% (.920) and T-5th in SO (6)
• J. Howard is 9:26 behind C. Terrari for 9th place in NHL history in the category of playoff minutes logged by an American-born goaltender (1521:58)
• J. Howard's next win (14) will give him sole possession of 9th place in NHL playoff history amongst American-born goaltenders (currently tied w/R. Esche)
• V. Filppula finished T-25th in the NHL in assists (43) and T-1st in points by a Finn (66) in the 2011-12 regular season
• V. Filppula's next goal will tie him with G. Gallant for 23rd place in DET playoff history (18)
• D. Cleary's next goal will tie him with I. Larionov for 20th place in DET playoff history (20)
• D. Cleary's next point will tie him with B. Rafalski for 23rd place in DET playoff history (40)
• H. Zetterberg finished T-22nd in the NHL in points (69), T-16th in assists (47) and 17th in SOG (267) in the 2011-12 regular season
• H. Zetterberg is 4 points back of A. Delvecchio for 5th place in DET playoff history (104)
• H. Zetterberg's next goal will tie him with R. Brind'Amour, B. Bellows and F. Mahovlich for 49th place in NHL playoff history (51)
• H. Zetterberg's next point will tie him with B. Federko for 76th place in NHL playoff history (101)
• J. Hudler finished 3rd in the NHL in shooting percentage (19.7%) and T-21st in even-strength goals (23) in the 2011-12 regular season
• J. Hudler's next goal will tie him with V. Varada for 15th place in NHL history amongst Czech-born players
• J. Franzen's next GP will tie him with M. Lapointe for 23rd place in DET playoff history (86)
• J. Franzen finished T-15th in the NHL in plus/minus (+23), T-11th in PPG (11) and T-3rd in GWG in the 2011-12 regular season
• J. Franzen's next assist will tie him with P. Coffey for 14th place in DET playoff history (35)
• N. Kronwall finished 4th in the NHL in goals by a defenseman (15) and 10th in blocked shots (177) in the 2011-12 regular season
• T. Bertuzzi finished T-15th in the NHL in plus/minus (+23) in the 2011-12 regular season
• I. White finished T-15th in the NHL in plus/minus (+23) in the 2011-12 regular season
• N. Lidstrom is 2 points back of S. Yzerman for most in DET playoff history (185)
• N. Lidstrom is 2 goals back of D. Potvin for 2nd-most in NHL playoff history amongst defensemen (56)
• N. Lidstrom is 6GP back of C. Chelios for most in NHL playoff history (266)
• N. Lidstrom's next point will tie him with B. Trottier for 10th place in NHL playoff history:
Referees: Tim Peel (#20) & Steve Kozari (#40)
Linesmen: Brad Lazarowich (#86) & Jonny Murray (#95)
nashville fans were behaving like all 7 games were to be played in nashville and that the series was over after a one goal win in game 1. make them pay, red wings fans. be loud.
I have a feeling Datsyuk is about to dangle dangle. The crowd is gonna supply the energy and the Mule will be fed! LGRW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If someone could throw an octopus that lands on Weber's head, I'd be eternally grateful. Also, I have a feeling the Mule is about to kick.