Z take a note from Pav, That's how you break a slump. Other than the mishap in the beginning it was a solid effort all-around. Detroit now has two defenseman putting up numbers many forwards would love to have. Kronwall and Lidstrom are both on pace to score 27 goals a piece.
More after the Jump
• Brendan Smith recorded his first NHL point assistng on Applegators goal in the 2nd
• The Ducks have won just 1 game in November (against Luongo and The Couve)
• Johan Franzen has recorded 5G-6A-11P in his last 7 games played
• Johan Franzen earned his first career fighting major at Anaheim on 10/18/06
• Nick Lidstrom has tallied 3G-4A-7P, +6 rating in his last 7 games played
• Nick Lidstrom is currently 2 assists behind Dennis Savard for 22nd place all-time in NHL history (865)
• Valtteri Filppula has recorded 1G-6A-7P, +4 rating in his last 7 games played
• Henrik Zetterberg registered his 500th career point (assist) on 12/3/10 at Anaheim
• Henrik Zetterberg's next assist will tie him with Ron Sutter for 354th place all-time in NHL history (330)
• Henrik Zetterberg's first NHL goal was scored on 10/13/02 at Anaheim on the power play (opposing goalie: J-S Giguere)
• Jimmy Howard was 7-1-0 (2.33 GAA, .917 SV%) in 8 Sunday starts last season
• Jimmy Howard has recorded a shutout in 3 of his last 5 starts against Anaheim
Discuss: Consensus is that Zetterberg is the clear choice to take over the C when Lidstrom finally hangs them up in 2037. If Hank gets passed over who do you think is deserving of the honor? My pick at the moment is Kronwall with Helm right up there with him.
All stats provided by the media guys at NHL.com
Zetterberg has been in the talks of obtaing the C since before Yzerman stepped away, the work he has put in over the last 6 years or so to step into that position can hardly be compromised by a small scoring slump, which is all I can point to for your concern as I haven't noticed a drop off in his work ethic this season.
I'm not basing it on his scoring slump, He has been on the decline since the cup in 08. Personally I think its his and his to lose, offensive numbers don't make a captain, but there have been times when it seems he has lost interest. I pose the question simply as a "if" Zetterberg doesn't get it then who do you think deserves it. @D.M.N
@Jordan_Reis Ah, well why didnt you ask that in the first place lol... I would have to agree with Kronwall as well, look down the roster and there isn't much else to choose from, kinda sad if you think enough about it...
Going back and looking how I put it does make it look like I am thinking about Z 1-dimentionally. I am going to rephrase it. Side note, maybe Z's slump can be attributed to his lovely flowing mane being cut. Is he a modern day Samson @D.M.N