Why do you hate Chicago?
Even though our fearless, though often MIA leader, Drew, currently resides in the city, one common bond that all NOHS authors believe in is that Chicago, as Jordan so delicately put it, sucks. Big time.
So I figured I’d ask, why do you hate Chicago?
My answers (and yours) after the break.
- That 90% of their fans would fail the Eric Daze test. Ask in the comments if you don't konw.
- Patrick Kane. In every way.
- The way they treated Chelios on his return to Chicago. The guy's never said a bad thing about the city, didn't have a choice to leave and has only gave it his all every night for whatever team he played for. In response, he was booed by fans of his hometown team. Classy.
- Marion Hossa.
- That people actually though Duncan Keith was better than Lidstrom for a few a year. Screwed that one up, didn't you?
- The way they treat their players. Think Martin Havlet, most of the current Jets and Huet.
- Speaking of Huet, how they decided to cheat and send him to Africa or wherever he is today.
- The way they decided to make a team which they knew didn't have a chance of sticking together. Way to think long term.
- That their fans are almost all assholes, in every sport. Douchebags.
- Finally, that anyone who moves to Chicago has to talk about how awesome it is, 24/7, and how they act suddenly like they've "made it" and that I should be impressed with them as soon as they move there. Nope, sorry, not impressed. I enjoy being able to afford to drive a car, have a nice apartment and live in a city where I don't have to deal with douchebags on a daily basis.
Chicago is actually a decent city, but people who live in it think that it's a New York or London. It's not. Not even close. People who live there just don't get it and want to tell you all about how great it is, all the time.
So that's my list, what's your reason for hating the Windy City and the Hawks? Leave it in the comments.
Because most of their fans (that I have met at least) don't understand hockey at all. They love their Blackhawks, but they don't love hockey. I love the Red Wings, hate the NHL, and love hockey. To me, that is what any reasonable fan of hockey in North America should be like.
I hate Chicago because I once got into a fight with a fan and they argued that the Blackhawks were better than Detroit because their logo is more widely known and sell more merchandise. I retorted that Mickey Mouse is also under that category and to stop getting his underpants in a knot over frivolous sales. Merchandise never won anyone a Stanley Cup. Also, Wisconsin is above Illinois.