Tonight Detroit will look to bounce back from an ugly loss to the Colorado Avalanche that saw a very skilled Detroit team play a very un-skilled game full of defensive lapses, bad forechecking, backchecking and an overall lack of confidence playing in front of Ty Conklin, who was not bad, but not great either.
The Blues have really started to find their way under new coach Ken Hitchcock, and will be sure to give Detroit a tough go as always.
Updated with Lineup:
Follow the jump for the goodies:
• The Blues scored 25 total goals vs. Detroit last season, their most against any NHL team…It was also the most goals they have scored against Detroit in a given season since they tallied 28 in 1991-92
• The Blues are 3-1-1 in their last 5 home games vs. Detroit including a shootout win and an overtime loss
Who has the hot hand vs. Detroit
Andy McDonald six goals and 12 assists in last 15 games
Patrik Berglund 4 goals and 5 assists in last 7 games
David Backes 4 goals and 7 assists in last 11 games
Matt D’Agostini 4 goals and 2 assists in last 5 games
Vladimir Sobotka a goal and 4 assists in last 4 games
Kevin Shattenkirk 4 assists in last 3 games
Chris Stewart goal and 2 assists in last 2 games
• Since Ken Hitchcock took the reigns on Nov. 8 vs. CHI (12 games, 8-2-3) the Blues have points in 11 of their last 13 games and have vaulted from 14th in the West on Nov. 7 to a tie for 5th. And did not allow a 2nd or 3rd per. goal against in 5 consecutive games setting a franchise record…streak was broken on 11/19 at MIN
Hitchcock set a franchise record for the best 10-game start for a new Blues coach
Ken Hitchcock 7-1-2 (.800)
Joel Quenneville 7-3-0 (.700)
Red Berenson 6-2-2 (.700)
Andy Murray 5-2-3 (.650)
Mike Keenan 6-3-1 (.650)
• Brian Elliott leads the league with a 1.53 GAA and a .945 sv% (3 SO) while he trails only Jonathan Quick for the lead league in shutouts.
• Jaroslav Halak has a 1.60 GAA, .936 sv% and 1 shutout in his last 8 starts. Halak has allowed more than 2 goals in a game just once in that stretch after allowing 3 or more in 5 of his first 6 starts of the season.
Blues Record When
Scoring 3 or more goals, 10-0-0
Outshot by opponents, 5-2-1
T.J. Oshie scores a goal, 5-0-1
Serving 6 or fewer PIMs, 3-1-1
Not Allowing a PPG, 9-2-1
Now the good stuff
• Detroit is 112-107-37-7 all-time vs St. Louis
• Detroit is 48-60-20-4 all-time at St. Louis
• Detroit is 24-14-5 in their last 43 Tuesday games
• Nick Kronwall has blocked 18 shots in his last 5 games played
• Nick Kronwall's next GP will tie him with Mud Bruneteau for 48th place in Detroit team history (411)
• Pavel Datsyuk has registered 6G-8A-14P in his last 9 games played
• Henrik Zetterberg's next point will tie him with Sergei Samsonov for 320th place in NHL history (571)
• Henrik Zetterberg has recorded 2G-6A-8P in his last 7 games played
• Henrik Zetterberg has tallied 4G-12A-16P in his last 13 games vs St. Louis
• Tomas Holmstrom's next PPG will tie him with Sergei Fedorov for 4th place in Detroit team history (117)
• Johan Franzen has tallied 8G-10A-18P in his last 14 games played
• Johan Franzen is on pace to record 39G-42A-81P this season
• Valtteri Filppula scored his first career NHL goal on 10/28/06 at St. Louis
• Brad Stuart (w/SJS) scored his first career NHL playoff goal on 4/21/00 at St. Louis
• Jakub Kindl scored his first career NHL goal on 1/20/11 at St. Louis
ALL-TIME RED WINGS HAT TRICKS VS BLUES
G. Howe @ STL, 3/16/68
M. Bergeron (4) vs STL, 3/18/76
V. Nedomansky vs STL, 2/28/79
M. Osborne @ STL, 12/1/81
W. Young @ STL, 12/7/85
B. Probert vs STL, 12/31/87
*P. Klima vs STL, 4/21/88
G. Gallant vs STL, 1/4/89
J. Garpenlov (4) vs STL, 1123/90
S. Yzerman @ STL, 1/26/91
*S. Yzerman vs STL, 4/4/91
S. Yzerman @ STL, 10/24/92
*S. Yzerman @ STL, 5/8/96
B. Shanahan vs STL, 10/16/98
B. Hull @ STL, 1/26/02
B. Hull @ STL, 3/29/03
N. Lidstrom vs STL, 12/15/10
Filppula will be out tonight and is listed as day-to-day. Emmerton rejoins the lineup after being scratched the last 4 games and may play wing on the 3rd line which I would prefer if Babs decides not to move Abdelkader up to the 3rd.
Detroit's projected lineup per Khan
Hopefully I get out of class early tonight and catch this one. Any word on whether Flip is going to play? I think if we can get the top lines rolling early and Jimmy has been playing per usual, we should be able to get out with 2 points.
@Josh Howard What?!?! That was less than a year ago - how have you never been to a Wings game before?
Never had the time or money. Happens when you are payin of debt. Now, all is well and I've already been down there as many times as last year and it's not midseason yet. @kingjeff353
Don't worry.. it is. You can be you'll see it soon. I do spend wayyyy too much time online. I'm always on the computer in some form.
@Josh Howard I hope your movie poster is done for today, otherwise you are spending way too much time online. Also, I am spending way too much time hitting refresh so I can download my next installment of "epic Red Wings screen saver slideshow"
"Detroit is 24-14-5 in their last 43 Tuesday games" - This is best statistical measurement in the history of math.
If we did the last 44 Helm would be upset and it would create a statistical conundrum that would tear a hole in the fibers of the universe negating existence, hence last 43 Tuesday games. @kingjeff353