Great game. Congrats to Canada on keeping their sovereignty. A win by USA would make them the offical 51st state.
It's amazing how this tourny has changed my mind on a quite a few players on Team USA.
- Zach Parise - As good as anyone in the NHL. Period.
- Ryan Miller - The best tender in the league. I wish he woulda punched the interviewer in the face after the game.
- David Backes - Love him now. What a nickname. (This of course is pending the Wings playing against him in the playoffs, am sure I will hate him sometime in the future.)
- Tim Gleason - Before the tourney, I wouldn't have been able to tell you a single thing about him. I can tell you that he's a defenseman from Michigan now. And he's not bad.
- Jack MF Johnson - Threw a bodycheck at least five seconds after the whistle today. Awesome. MF'ing awesome.
- Dustin Brown - Skates hard as hell towards the net, solid solid player. I'm scared of the Kings, it is offical.
- Raffy - Dude, awesome Olympics. Keep doing what you're doing for the Wings now. Please.
- Patrick Kane - Still don't like him, at all. Back to hating him.
- Jamie Langenbrunner - Always thought he was a blend in second liner in the show. Well he might be, but he's an awesome captain.
- Bobby Ryan - Finally, a Duck that I won't hate with everything in my soul.
- Ryan Kesler - The Livonia native will now always be close to my heart. He said he hates Canada and plays in Canada. How awesome is that.
Great tourney - USA has a bright future ahead of it, no question. And a great day for hockey. I don't know how many status updates I've seen of people who have never watched a hockey game before, but loved the entire game other than the final score. Take note Gary, you bitch.
Wings vs. Avs tomorrow!